• Booking equipment, set-up and operation of audio-visual equipment, maintenance and cleaning of AV Services spaces and other related duties.
• Basic knowledge of computers and experience with audio visual equipment would be an asset.
• Preference will given to 2nd and 3rd year students, with flexibility in hours available for work, in order to allow efficient scheduling and continuity of workforce.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week...
Applications are invited for one undergraduate student research assistant.
• The successful applicant will assist in general laboratory duties including, but not limited to, rodent behavioral testing and histology preparations.
• The position is most suited to a fourth year student with a strong background (i.e. major/major or major/minor combination) in Biology and Psychology.
• Previous experience in a research laboratory environment, a demonstrated interest in neuroscience-related research and training in animal use and handling is essential.
• Completion of four or more neuroscience-...
The UPEI Healthy Campus Committee serves to foster and promote a sustainable, integrated and comprehensive people-centered workplace. This committee is seeking to hire a student assistant to assistant with healthy campus initiatives over the next several months. This position will report jointly to the Human Resources office and Athletics department.
• Coordinate Healthy Campus wellness activities including Winter Challenge
• Use social media to promote Healthy Campus initiatives
• Assist with the organizing of the UPEI Health Fair
• Assist with supporting Mental Health week and coordination of Healthy Campus...
The Faculty of Education requires the services of a Bachelor of Education students to work in the Education Learning Commons (ELC). Preferably, successful candidate will be a Year 1 student who is not planning to complete their final practicum off-Island. Preference will be given to a candidate who is functional in French and English.
The student assistant will be re responsible for providing circulation services and basic technological assistance to Faculty of Education students, faculty and staff using the ELC, as well as performing other miscellaneous duties as required. This position will work closely with a graduate student assistant and report to the Coordinator of the ELC, or...
Applications are invited from junior and senior Biology students as well as graduate students interested in assisting or instructing in the following Biology laboratories; Human Physiology 122; Plant Diversity 202; Genetics 223; Microbial Diversity 206 ; Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy 324; General Physiology 326 and other courses as the need arises.
PLEASE INDICATE THE LABORATORY SECTION(S) IN WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED AND THE TIMES YOU ARE AVAILABLE.
*STUDENTS EMPLOYED DURING THE FALL SEMESTER DO NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY, HOWEVER THEY MUST CONFIRM THEIR POSITIONS FOR THE WINTER SEMESTER. MUST BE WHMIS TRAINED.
The School of Business is seeking to hire a Student Research Assistant to assist in the development and coordination of multi-media presentations. The supervisor for this project is Dr. Tim Carroll.
• To co-ordinate the creation of 3 multi-media presentations.
• To assist in the development of three multimedia presentations for public distribution
• To adapt the production materials to develop a web presence to support the presentations.
• Preferred candidate will be a Graduate Student in the study of business and economics
• Experience working with technical experts in multi-media...
Works with the UPEI photographer in meeting production deadlines. Will photograph flat copy and still products; scan slides, negatives or prints; print to ink jet and dye sub printers; answer phones; record job requests in calendar; greet walk-in customers and take details of work required; enter work orders and computer file data in computers; create class composite pdf files; take original digital photography of University events, including some Athletics competition, and other photography requests as needed; manipulate digital images; work evenings and weekends as requested.
• Must have basic...
Two Hearing Conservation Sessions will be held on Tuesday, December 17 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm in Andrew Hall Room 142.
An Emergency First Aid and CPR Training session will be held on Friday, December 13th from 9:00am to 2:30pm in Kelley 210. The training is covered by the Health and Safety Budget.
The Department of Pathology and Microbiology at the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC), University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), is seeking a sessional instructor to assist in delivery of VPM 122 and VPM 450, pending budget approval. VPM 122 (Parasitology) is a lecture/laboratory course offered to first-year veterinary students in the winter semester. Delivery of 7 lectures on veterinary entomology/aquaculture parasitology and assistance in 7 laboratories covering helminthology, protozoology and entomology will be required. VPM450 (Diagnostic Services - Parasitology section) is a fourth-year core rotation offered 5...
Provide research support to Dr. Kate Tilleczek - Canada Research Chair (Child/Youth Cultures and Transitions), for the project Barriers and facilitators to youth mental health in Atlantic Canada (CIHR funded)
• Assisting with literature searches
• Updating and maintaining RefWorks database
• Scanning and photocopying material
• Organizing and filing print articles/reports
• Preparing interview packages
• Knowledge of RefWorks
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with minimal...
The International Relations Office is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. Reporting to the Administrative Assistant of this area, this position will focus on providing support to all areas of the International Relations Office.
The student will be responsible for:
• Helping to maintain and build the International Relations Office website and social media outlets
• Helping to coordinate incoming international visits
• Assisting with research on current and future projects
• Assisting in the creation of marketing material
• Assisting in maintaining filing systems and databases
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology invites applications from qualified sessional instructors to teach the following course in the Winter Semester 2014. This course is subject to budgetary approval. The competition is open only to members of the Sessional Roster of the academic unit. Members of the Sessional Roster of the academic unit will be given priority.
Required qualifications are an MA or PhD in Sociology or Anthropology, teaching experience, especially with large classes of students, and a background in the various sociological approaches on the meaning of deviance and the nature of social control....