CREATE Program Summary:
The Collaborative Research and Training Experience (CREATE) Program supports the training of teams of highly qualified students and postdoctoral fellows from Canada and abroad through the development of innovative training programs that:
· encourage collaborative and integrative approaches, and address significant scientific challenges associated with Canada’s research priorities; and
· facilitate the transition of new researchers from trainees to productive employees in the Canadian workforce.
The program also supports industrial stream applications and offers opportunity to collaborate with the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) in Germany, and the Research Foundation for the State of São Paulo (FAPESP) in Brazil.
Funding of up to $150,000 in the first year, and up to $300,000 annually in subsequent years, will be provided by NSERC for a maximum period of six years. Collaborators may contribute additional funds.
UPEI Submission Process and Deadlines:
UPEI has received a quota of...
The next UPEI on-site training session in animal use and care will be held....
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
AVC - The McCain Foundation Learning Commons Rm 287N
This will be a 3 hour training session with handout, based on CCAC Recommended Syllabus (exam included).
The Canadian Council of Animal Care (CCAC) requires that all personnel involved with the use of animals in research, teaching, testing and service take this course. (A refresher course is required every 5 years.)
Please notify me by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 if you or any of your staff will be attending this session.
ACC - Admin. Assistant
Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR): Health Professional Student Research Awards
Two (2) awards are available to UPEI undergraduate students through the CIHR Health Professional Student Research Award. These awards are valued at $4,251 each for a term of 13 weeks, and can be increased by the supervisor of the student to a higher stipend or for a longer duration. The purpose of this program is to further strengthen clinical research by providing research training to health professionals and strengthen talent development. These awards are available only to students who have completed at least their first year of study in an eligible professional program by the time the award is taken up, and the student must not already be eligible to hold a health professional license. Students must have achieved a minimum cumulative 75% average.
Eligible programs at UPEI are:
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Integrated Dietetic Internship
Students should review the CIHR program description to confirm eligibility to apply:...
• Booking equipment, set-up and operation of audio-visual equipment, maintenance and cleaning of AV Services spaces and other related duties.
• Basic knowledge of computers and experience with audio visual equipment would be an asset.
• Preference will given to 2nd and 3rd year students, with flexibility in hours available for work, in order to allow efficient scheduling and continuity of workforce.
Priority to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week...
Applications are invited for one undergraduate student research assistant.
• The successful applicant will assist in general laboratory duties including, but not limited to, rodent behavioral testing and histology preparations.
• The position is most suited to a fourth year student with a strong background (i.e. major/major or major/minor combination) in Biology and Psychology.
• Previous experience in a research laboratory environment, a demonstrated interest in neuroscience-related research and training in animal use and handling is essential.
• Completion of four or more neuroscience-...
The UPEI Healthy Campus Committee serves to foster and promote a sustainable, integrated and comprehensive people-centered workplace. This committee is seeking to hire a student assistant to assistant with healthy campus initiatives over the next several months. This position will report jointly to the Human Resources office and Athletics department.
• Coordinate Healthy Campus wellness activities including Winter Challenge
• Use social media to promote Healthy Campus initiatives
• Assist with the organizing of the UPEI Health Fair
• Assist with supporting Mental Health week and coordination of Healthy Campus...
The Faculty of Education requires the services of a Bachelor of Education students to work in the Education Learning Commons (ELC). Preferably, successful candidate will be a Year 1 student who is not planning to complete their final practicum off-Island. Preference will be given to a candidate who is functional in French and English.
The student assistant will be re responsible for providing circulation services and basic technological assistance to Faculty of Education students, faculty and staff using the ELC, as well as performing other miscellaneous duties as required. This position will work closely with a graduate student assistant and report to the Coordinator of the ELC, or...
Applications are invited from junior and senior Biology students as well as graduate students interested in assisting or instructing in the following Biology laboratories; Human Physiology 122; Plant Diversity 202; Genetics 223; Microbial Diversity 206 ; Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy 324; General Physiology 326 and other courses as the need arises.
PLEASE INDICATE THE LABORATORY SECTION(S) IN WHICH YOU ARE INTERESTED AND THE TIMES YOU ARE AVAILABLE.
*STUDENTS EMPLOYED DURING THE FALL SEMESTER DO NOT HAVE TO REAPPLY, HOWEVER THEY MUST CONFIRM THEIR POSITIONS FOR THE WINTER SEMESTER. MUST BE WHMIS TRAINED.
The School of Business is seeking to hire a Student Research Assistant to assist in the development and coordination of multi-media presentations. The supervisor for this project is Dr. Tim Carroll.
• To co-ordinate the creation of 3 multi-media presentations.
• To assist in the development of three multimedia presentations for public distribution
• To adapt the production materials to develop a web presence to support the presentations.
• Preferred candidate will be a Graduate Student in the study of business and economics
• Experience working with technical experts in multi-media...
Works with the UPEI photographer in meeting production deadlines. Will photograph flat copy and still products; scan slides, negatives or prints; print to ink jet and dye sub printers; answer phones; record job requests in calendar; greet walk-in customers and take details of work required; enter work orders and computer file data in computers; create class composite pdf files; take original digital photography of University events, including some Athletics competition, and other photography requests as needed; manipulate digital images; work evenings and weekends as requested.
• Must have basic...
Two Hearing Conservation Sessions will be held on Tuesday, December 17 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm in Andrew Hall Room 142.