Join us Wednesday, January 16 for a celebration of the culture of writing and publishing from UPEI’s Faculty of Arts. We’ll launch eight new books by six author/editors that were published in 2012. The event begins at 4:30 pm in the Faculty Lounge of UPEI’s Main Building. Books will be available for sale and for signing.
This year’s titles include:
• Godfrey Baldacchino and Anna Baldacchino, A Taste of Islands: 60 Recipes and Stories from Our World of Islands (Charlottetown: Island Studies Press, 2012);
• Godfrey Baldacchino, ed, Island Songs: A Global Repertoire (launched at a separate event earlier this year). This book is the first to emerge from the UPEI-led Advancing Interdisciplinary Research in Singing project.;
• Ann Braithwaite, Catherine M. Orr, and Diane Lichtenstein, eds, Rethinking Women's and Gender Studies (New York: Routledge: 2012);
• Sarah Glassford & Amy J. Shaw, eds, A Sisterhood of Suffering & Service: Women and Girls of Canada and Newfoundland during the First World War (Vancouver: UBC Press, 2012);
• John McIntyre, and Miranda Hickman, eds, Rereading the New Criticism (Columbus: Ohio State University Press, 2012);
• Richard Raiswell, ed, with Peter Dendle, The Devil in Society in Premodern Europe (Toronto: Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies, Victoria University in the University of Toronto, 2012);
• Raiswell is also an editor of a new academic journal: Preternature: Critical and Historical Studies on the Preternatural (published bi-annually by Penn State University Press);
• Richard Lemm, ed. Riptides: New Island Fiction, Introduction by Richard Lemm (Charlottetown: Acorn Press, 2012);
to read more on each of the titles.